We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pear "Victoria" received by specialists of the Institute of Irrigated Horticulture of the UAAS. This variety was developed as a result of crossing the varieties "Bere Bosk" and "Tolstoyobzhka". The authors of the variety are breeders E. A. Avramenko, I. N. Boyko, P. V. Grozditsky, G. I. Kulikov and I. N. Maksimova. The yield of an adult fruit tree with proper care is up to 185-195 kg.
This summer pear variety fully ripens in the last decade of August. The average shelf life of the crop is not more than a month, but in conditions of artificial cooling, the fruits can be stored for a longer time. Harvest is mainly consumed fresh. A pear of this variety is zoned in the North Caucasus and deservedly enjoys great popularity in home gardening in the central and southern regions of Ukraine.
Characterization and description of the variety
A pear called "Victoria" is medium-sized, with a rounded pyramidal crown and average density. Fruiting on the glove predominates. The relatively late onset of the growing season and late flowering reduces the risk of damage to flowers by spring return frosts.
Fruits are formed of medium size, with the correct pear shape and pronounced one-dimensionality. Pears are covered with attractive and smooth skin. Coloring at the stage of removable maturity is green-yellow, with a bright, beautiful blush. The flesh is pronounced white, tender, without granulation, juicy, sour-sweet taste, very aromatic.
How to plant a pear
A pear called "Victoria" is easily succeeded even by inexperienced gardeners as a fruit culture of home gardening. The technology for growing a tree of this variety requires compliance with the following recommendations:
- low or too waterlogged areas are not suitable for growing pears of this variety;
- a landing hole is dug up with a diameter of about 80 cm, a depth of at least one meter;
- the planting pit should be filled with a nutritious soil mixture consisting of two buckets of rotted manure and the same amount of fertile soil;
- fertile soil with a small amount of wood ash should be poured into the hole over the nutrient mixture;
- in the central part of the pit, a supporting peg, necessary for tying a pear seedling, should be installed;
- for faster adaptation of the root system, it is recommended to carry out several top dressing of seedlings with Kornevin after planting;
- before the autumn digging, one third of the norm of organic matter and mineral fertilizers, including phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen-containing components, should be introduced into the soil of the trunk area before autumn digging;
- fertilizers under pear trees are preferably applied in the autumn period, in special grooves, the depth of which can be 0.4-0.5 m;
- When growing pears, special importance is given to foliar top dressing in the form of spraying with nutrient solutions, which allows to stimulate plant growth, and also improves yield formation and increases winter hardiness of fruit stands.
In arid areas, regular irrigation activities should be undertaken. To obtain productive garden trees, it is necessary to maintain constant indicators of soil moisture throughout the depth of the root layer. High-quality irrigation measures can ensure optimal growth and productivity of pear trees while maintaining high quality characteristics of the fruit.
When planting a pear, it is very important to remember that this fruit crop has a powerful root system that penetrates into the deep layers of the soil, so the pits for planting should be optimally spacious and deep. Experienced gardeners recommend taking into account the peculiarities of cultivation of the Victoria pear, which will ensure stable and high yield of fruit stands over the years:
- the crown must be formed of five skeletal branches of the first order;
- when forming, it is recommended to adhere to the height of the stem of 0.5-0.7 m, and the lower tier should consist of a pair of oppositely growing branches;
- the standard distance from the lower tier to the third skeletal branch should be maintained at 0.6 m, and the fourth and fifth branches should be placed with an interval of 25-30 cm;
- it is advisable to arrange round-shaped grooves around the stem of the pear at a distance of 20-30 cm, along which fertilizers and irrigation water will be evenly distributed;
- the pear of this variety does not need abundant watering, and an excess of moisture can lead to decay of the root system;
- after watering, it is required to loosen the soil in near-stem circles, which will provide the root system of fruit stands with oxygen.
The quantity and types of fertilizers that need to be applied throughout the entire growing season depend on the type and condition of the soil, as well as the characteristics of the development of the fruit tree.
Pear "Victoria" is characterized by gardeners most often positively. Judging by the reviews, the variety is really unpretentious and perfectly adapted to cultivation on the territory of most territories of our country. Plants bear fruit in the sixth year after planting in a permanent place.
This variety compares favorably with high rates of fruit set. However, it should be remembered that the Victoria pear belongs to the category of partially self-fertile. Despite the significant tendency of the plant to parthenocarpy, experienced summer residents recommend planting pollinating varieties Williams Red or Triumph of Vienne together with Victoria.
How to prune a pear
The variety is characterized by high rates of winter hardiness and drought tolerance, and is also practically not affected by scab. The advantages of this pear can also be attributed to regular and abundant fruiting, excellent taste and excellent commercial qualities of the crop. Fruit transportability indicators are very good. Eating the fruits of "Victoria" is recommended fresh.