We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious dessert prepared in advance will delight the whole family on winter evenings and replenish the body's vitamin reserves. Apple jam is easy to prepare. By following the simple steps of the recipes, you get a treat that is hard to tear yourself away from. In addition to being used as a dessert, it is also used as a filling for homemade baked goods.
Features of making apple jam
When cooking any jam, you need to follow all the steps of the recipe, but there are unspoken, not prescribed rules for making dessert. Every housewife should know them.
- Cooking a treat is a lengthy process. Apples are boiled, then rubbed or twisted in a meat grinder and then boiled. It all depends on the recipe or the desire of the housewife.
- You cannot cook jam in an aluminum container, it oxidizes during the cooking process.
- It is best to use thick-walled stainless steel cookware. The enamelled dishes will burn.
When cooking, the container does not need to be closed, as the liquid evaporates faster.
- Granulated sugar is added at least half the weight of the fruit. This way the jam is stored longer.
Over time, other subtleties of cooking will appear, each housewife has her own.
The first step is to prepare the main ingredient. Half of the success depends on the correctness of the process. It is not difficult to create suitable conditions, you need to prepare all the components and start cooking.
- Fruit sorting. Select the same copies, it is advisable to remove all suspicious ones. Rotten ones shouldn't get into the treat. They will spoil the taste of the finished dessert. Overripe specimens are also removed.
- The apples are divided into slices and the centers are cut out. Then proceed to further processing and grind it using a meat grinder or food processor.
After the apples are ready, proceed to the other steps of the recipe.
Apple jam recipes for the winter
The first mention of jam was noticed 250 years ago. There are a lot of recipes, each housewife chooses one according to the tastes and individual preferences of family members. Home conditions are not an obstacle to cooking this dessert.
A simple recipe
The simpler the preparation, the more admirers the recipe has. Making jam is not at all difficult, because it prepares quickly. You need to take 1 kg of apples and sugar. Below is a step-by-step procedure.
- Step 1. The fruits are randomly cut into pieces, the core does not need to be removed. Anything worthless will remain in the sieve after wiping.
- Step 2. Pour the prepared pieces with water so that it covers the apples. Cook for 10 minutes. When ready, drain the liquid and let cool. Then rub the mass through a sieve.
- Step 3. Pour all the sugar into it and bring to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce the heat as much as possible and cook, stirring constantly.
- Step 4. Cooking time takes 30 minutes, maybe more or less. It depends on how juicy the apples were.
- Step 5. Arrange the finished dessert in jars and remove until it cools completely under a warm shelter.
In the oven
To cook jam in the oven, you don't need to do anything complicated. You will need:
- 1 kg of apples, preferably sweet and sour varieties;
- 0.8 kg of granulated sugar;
- 1 tsp citric acid;
- 0.5 tbsp. cooled boiled water;
- 0.5 tbsp cinnamon.
- Cut the fruits, remove the skin and core. Cut into thin slices. Pour water into a saucepan, pour citric acid into it. Add chopped fruits there.
- After the mass has boiled for 10 minutes, drain all the water. Add 0.5 cups of boiled cinnamon water. Continue simmering over the fire until the apple pieces are tender.
- Grind using a blender.
- When the oven warms up to 200⁰С, put a container with the workpiece in it, simmer for 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
A properly prepared jam will be enjoyed by the whole family.
In a multicooker
For those who have a slow cooker, making a dessert is even easier. You need 1.5 kg of apples, 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 lemon zest.
The apples are peeled, cored and cut into slices. At the same time, lemon zest is prepared without touching the inner white layer, which tastes bitter in the finished delicacy. Sprinkle the cooked slices with lemon juice.
All are covered with sugar and mixed. Put everything in a multicooker container and set the "Jam" mode for 1 hour. When time passes, everything is grinded with a blender.
Turn on the same mode again for 30 minutes. The finished jam is laid out in banks, put away for storage.
Jam from apples and pumpkin
To make this excellent dessert, you will need: 1.2 kg of sour apples, 0.8 kg of pumpkin, 1 kg of granulated sugar, 1 tbsp. spoon of orange peel.
The main ingredients are cut into cubes, it is better not to mix them together. Extinguish both ingredients separately until soft. Then combine and grind with a blender.
Put the finished mass on a slow fire, pour 500 g of sugar into it. Cook until the piece begins to thicken. Then add the rest of granulated sugar and orange zest. The finished dessert is laid out in jars and put away for storage.
The housewife who is not afraid of experiments stores more vitamins for the winter. To prepare the jam you will need: 0.6 kg of apples, 0.5 kg of apricots, 0.5 kg of granulated sugar.
Chop the peeled and cooked apples and apricots with a food processor. Put everything in a cooking container. Simmer for 20 minutes, add sugar to the mixture. Cook for another 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into prepared containers and store.
Jam from apples and zucchini for the winter
By combining these ingredients together, you get an excellent dessert that amazes everyone with its taste characteristics. You will need 1 kg of zucchini, 3 kg of apples, 2.5 kg of granulated sugar, 0.5 tsp of vanillin.
Prepare main ingredients by peeling and removing seeds. Grind and put on fire. Boil for 45 minutes, grind with a blender. Add sugar and cook for another 30 minutes. Add vanillin 5 minutes before cooking. The jam will be thick. Put the finished dessert hot in jars and put away for storage.
Xylitol Apple Jam
This delicacy is easy to prepare. Required: 1.2 kg of apples, 0.5 tbsp. water, 110 g of xylitol.
The recipe is suitable for diabetics.
The fruits are peeled and cored, cut into pieces and put into a cooking container, pour water into it, put on fire. Grind soft fruits using a blender, pour xylitol, cook for 30 minutes. The workpiece must be stirred frequently. The finished dessert is poured hot into jars and stored.
Apple jam with cinnamon
This delicacy turns out to be delicious. To prepare it you will need: 1 kg of apples, 0.8 kg of sugar, 1 tbsp. water, 0.5 tsp cinnamon.
Prepare the syrup separately from a glass of water and sugar. Peel and cut the main ingredient into wedges. Add chopped fruits to the finished liquid and cook, gradually pouring out all the granulated sugar. Then remove from heat and let cool.
After cooling, add cinnamon and put on fire again. Cook until the desired degree of consistency is obtained. To speed up the process, grind with a hand blender. Then the preparation will take 15-25 minutes.
Jam storage methods
It is recommended to keep the dessert curled. To do this, it is poured into cans while still hot and rolled up. Then they are removed to cool at room temperature for a day and only then they are removed to a specially equipped room or cellar.
If you cook the delicacy correctly, observing the ratio of 1: 1, then you can store it with ordinary screw or nylon lids.
Cooking a dessert is not difficult at all, it is enough to follow exactly all the steps of the recipe.