We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Standard varieties of tomatoes are representatives of a group that is distinguished by its short stature. Their main difference is their small roots, which do not allow the plant culture to form tall bushes. Such plant crops do not need specific care, so they are very popular among novice summer residents. To get a rich harvest, it is necessary to carefully select standard tomato varieties.
The best ones are those that are resistant to various diseases and produce a rich, tasty harvest. And so, consider what it is, and what varieties of tomatoes are standard?
Standard tomatoes have several distinctive characteristics, thanks to which many summer residents choose these varieties for planting. The advantages of such plant crops include:
- almost complete absence of fully developed stepchildren;
- a powerful stem structure that does not develop to high performance and does not need to be fixed to the erected support structures;
- the few formation of stepchildren;
- the location of the roots in the surface soil layer. Thanks to this, the plant actively draws out nutrients and water;
- the possibility of dense planting, which allows you to increase the yield indicator by 1 square meter;
- a high level of survival of the race after its dive;
- resistance to temperature changes;
- accelerated formation of ovaries, ripening of tomatoes;
- the fruits are well stored and well tolerated for long-distance transportation.
Some varieties, due to their compactness, can be grown in balcony, window-sill conditions. Various varieties of standard-type tomatoes have been developed, which differ from each other in the size of the fruits, their color, taste, and yield.
The best standard varieties
Among standard tomatoes, not only domestic varieties are popular, but also foreign ones. Each of them has its own characteristics of agricultural technology, and is also endowed with all the advantages listed above.
The selection of tomato varieties for open ground or greenhouses should be based on an analysis of the desired results, as well as the climatic conditions of the area. It is also necessary to pay attention to the resistance of the plant culture to various tomato pathologies.
Of the standard tomatoes for open ground, the Far North variety has proven itself best. This tomato variety has the following characteristics:
- fruits are rounded, red in color, with an average weight of 70 grams;
- the height of the bush does not exceed 60 centimeters;
- 7 bushes can be planted on 1 square meter;
- early maturity: the first crop can be harvested 100 days after sowing;
- almost all fruits ripen at the same time.
The description of this variety says that it is resistant to root, apical rot, as well as to late blight. Of all the standard tomatoes, the Far North variety has a record yield: 2.5 kilograms of tomatoes are harvested from 1 plant. However, such indicators can be achieved provided that all the rules for planting care are observed. You can study them by watching the video about the Far North tomatoes.
Another name for this tomato is Fighter. Plants of this variety are divided into two groups: those that bear fruit with red tomatoes and yellow ones. This plant has the following characteristics:
- height characteristic of the bush: no higher than 45 centimeters;
- the first harvest can be obtained 95 days after sowing;
- in the area of the peduncle there is a greenish speck, which decreases with the time the fruit matures;
- the possibility of growing in greenhouse structures or in open beds, 7-9 plants per 1 square meter;
- 3-5 kilograms of crop can be harvested from 1 square meter;
- fruits are characterized by a shape similar to a cylinder;
- this standard variety is resistant to diseases caused by bacteria;
- on average, 1 ripe tomato weighs 75 grams.
These standard tomatoes are suitable for growing in the north-west of Russia, in its southern and middle zone.
What undersized varieties can be grown outdoors? The Shuttle is suitable for these purposes. It has the following distinctive characteristics:
- ripe fruits are red, fleshy, elastic skin, which protects the vegetable from cracking;
- mid-early ripening period: the crop can be obtained 85-120 days after sowing;
- the shape of the fruits is oval, and their average weight is 60 grams;
- high-rise qualities of the plant: do not exceed 45 centimeters;
- 8-10 bushes can be located on 1 square meter;
- from 1 bush, you can collect 1 kilogram of vegetables.
Plant culture Shuttle is resistant to late blight.
The best standard varieties with a sweet taste and aroma are Alpha tomatoes. At the same time, in addition to taste, these crops have the following features:
- yield per 1 square meter: 6.5 kilograms of tomatoes;
- early maturity: the first harvest is harvested 90 days after sowing the seeds;
- bushes grow no more than 50 centimeters in height;
- 7-9 bushes can be planted per 1 square meter;
- red fruits are round in shape, they are characterized by an average weight of 70 grams.
This tomato variety shows itself well when grown outdoors.
Antoshka is a representative of the standard tomato variety, the height of the bush of which can reach 1 meter. You can grow this plant culture in a greenhouse or in an open garden. This culture has the following characteristics:
- 5-7 bushes should be planted per 1 square meter;
- fruits are round, lemon-colored;
- the first harvest can be obtained 95 days after sowing seeds for seedlings;
- the average weight of 1 tomato varies between 50-1000 grams;
- it is resistant to lower temperatures and can be grown in harsh climatic conditions;
- from 1 bush you can get 6 kilograms of vegetables.
Most often, the harvested crop is used for salting, canning.
Standard Gavroche varieties are grown in open ground and in greenhouses. For this, a seedling cultivation technique is used. Reviews of many summer residents give the following description of this variety:
- on average, the mass of a ripe tomato is set at around 50 grams;
- ultra-early maturity: the first harvest can be obtained 80-85 days after planting;
- the height of the bush does not exceed 0.5 meters;
- 9 bushes can be planted per 1 square meter;
- red fruits are round in shape;
- yield characteristic: 1 kilogram of fruit is harvested from 1 bush.
Another feature of these tomatoes is their resistance to late blight.
The Amur bole is a large-fruited standard tomato adapted to growing in a harsh climate, which means that this plant is unpretentious and does not require specific care. Its main features:
- the first crop is harvested 85-95 days after sowing;
- the fruits are large, their weight ranges from 100-200 grams;
- 5 kilograms of tomatoes are harvested from 1 square meter with minimal care;
- the height of the bush does not exceed 0.5 meters;
- red fruits are round in shape, which can be slightly flattened.
The Amur bole is distinguished by excellent immunity, which means that it is resistant to most tomato diseases.
All of the listed varieties of tomatoes for greenhouses and open ground do not require special care, however, with regular fertilization, proper watering, their yield indicator can be significantly increased.
Despite the fact that standard tomatoes can be black, orange, yellow, the best representatives are those that bear fruit with red tomatoes. It is they who are distinguished by their resistance to a wide range of diseases and give the maximum yield.