We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The question of how to salt sweet bell peppers for the winter as a whole, without removing the seeds and stalks, arises from those housewives who previously pickled pepper, but at the same time cut it. In this form (cut into slices), the vegetable will easily fit into a container, but if you salt it whole, then the pepper will be juicy, sweet. Such an appetizer will surprise the guests and become a "highlight" of the table.
Features of harvesting bell peppers for the winter
If you decide to marinate whole bell peppers, then take into account some of the features of creating preservation:
- Choose fruits of milk ripeness, make sure that the walls of the vegetable are thick, fleshy.
- Pepper is successfully combined with various spices; garlic, allspice, paprika can improve the taste characteristics of the workpiece. Do not spare spices in the process of creating blanks.
- During heat treatment, the vegetable does not lose its beneficial properties, it retains vitamins and useful elements.
- Marinating whole peppers without cutting them into slices is more practical, because after opening the jar, such a product is used to create various dishes.
- It is possible to create preservation by sticking to the basics of the recipe without resorting to experiments. And you can supplement the recipe with something "interesting", which to a certain extent will change the taste of the usual preparation.
Selecting and preparing vegetables
It is believed that the fruits of red and yellow are suitable for creating blanks better than others.
It is also worth paying attention:
- on the appearance of vegetables - if there are signs of mold, rot, incomprehensible blotches or dots on the surface, then it is better to refuse to use them in the creation of conservation;
- it is believed that too ripe peppers are not suitable for blanks, during the pickling process they lose their characteristics, burst, crack, change their appearance;
- on the size of the fruits - it is better if they are medium-large, approximately the same in parameters, in order to fill the jar evenly;
- on the stalk - if it rots, then there is a high probability that the inside of the pepper has undergone similar changes.
Externally, vegetables should be intact, without cracks, damage, moderately ripe, without signs of rot, mold.Such fruits can be used to create preserves without fear of the jar exploding during storage.
How to prepare a container?
Rolling up cans is a simple procedure, but before starting it, you should do the following:
- Inspect glassware for chips or damage.
- Rinse the jars under running water, using baking soda or biological agent, with a clean sponge.
- Dry with a towel or allow time for the water to drain along the sides of the container.
Attention! After washing, clean containers are sterilized; you can do this in a variety of ways. Jars are kept over steam, boiled in a saucepan, placed in an oven or microwave.
After sterilization, the container can be used for its intended purpose - to create blanks for the winter.
How to pickle bell peppers?
There are several methods to help you prepare a delicious canning. Consider the popular recipes that are so loved by housewives.
Salted peppers are not difficult to cook, this will require:
- mix salt and water, prepare the marinade;
- select and prepare vegetables for preservation;
- season them with herbs and pepper;
- put the fruits in a saucepan, cover them with a cloth, then put a press on top.
After 12 days, if the container is in a dark and cool place, the vegetables will be ready. They should be laid out in jars and closed with lids.
In a jar, a pepper salted in this way looks spectacular. To create a blank, you should:
- Rinse the fruits, sort them out, remove the seeds without cutting into slices.
- Dip them in boiling water for a few minutes, then rinse them with cold water.
- Mix salt and water, prepare the marinade liquid.
- Sprinkle each fruit with salt and spices, pour the marinade, cover with a cloth, lay the press.
After 10 days, you can remove the press, put the vegetables in containers, fill them with juice and marinade. Store the workpiece in a dark and cool place.
It is carried out without sterilization; to salt the pepper, you should follow the recommendations:
- remove the core of the fruit, prepare the marinade in advance;
- put Aspirin in a jar, then vegetables (peppers, onions and garlic), fill with marinade;
- close with nylon caps.
This recipe is simple, you will need:
- Make several punctures in the base of the vegetable.
- Then prepare the marinade by mixing salt, spices and water.
- Put the peppers in a jar, sprinkle them with herbs and spices, pour over the marinade.
- Place containers in a cool and dark place where they will be stored.
Peppers in brine can be prepared using the following recipe:
- pick up fruits of the same size;
- prepare a marinade from oil, citric acid, sugar, salt and water;
- vegetables are poured over with boiling water, then they are laid out in jars;
- pour everything with marinade, add spices and seasonings;
- close with a lid, put upside down for a day.
It implies the use of various seasonings, including the need for suneli hops. Choose vegetables of different colors. Ground pepper, both red and black, greens.
The vegetables are left intact, the garlic is chopped using a press. Put everything in jars, pour marinade from water, vinegar and sunflower oil.
In this case, warm oil mixed with seasonings and spices is used as a marinade. Peppers are poured with warm marinade, having previously spread out in jars.
First, you will have to cut the eggplants into large rings, then salt them so that the bitterness goes away.
Peppers can be cut into strips, or you can put them whole in a jar and pour marinade over them. It is advisable to add chopped garlic and herbs to it.
The brine is prepared from oil, vinegar, sugar and salt - this mixture is poured over vegetables.
Whole salted pepper in a barrel
An easy recipe for those who want to try something new or well forgotten old:
- It is worth piercing the peppercorns with a fork in several places.
- Place them tightly in the barrel, leaving room for the brine.
- Mix water with salt and spices, pour the marinade over the vegetables, cover with a lid.
How to salt hot pepper with garlic and dill?
If you decide to try this recipe, then follow the step-by-step scheme:
- choose suitable pods, rinse them;
- chop the garlic and herbs;
- sprinkle the vegetables with the resulting mixture;
- put them in jars and cover with marinade.
Stuffed pepper salting
I recommend the following way:
- It is worth pre-cleaning the vegetables from seeds, removing the stalk.
- Stuff the peppers with the selected filling.
- Prepare a marinade from oil and vinegar (it will extend the shelf life of the workpiece).
- Sprinkle the peppers with seasonings and spices on top, pour over the marinade, having previously arranged in jars.
Stuffed with cabbage
The correct procedure for creating a blank:
- rinse vegetables - onions, carrots; remove the stem and core from the peppers;
- pour boiling water over them, leave for 3 minutes, then remove and let the brine cool;
- chop the onion, grate - carrots, chop the cabbage;
- simmer carrots and onions for 5 minutes;
- Mix carrots and onions with chopped cabbage, salt and add spices.
We stuff the peppers with the resulting mixture, send them to the pan, after 3-4 days it is worth spreading the preservation in the jars.
How to store workpieces correctly?
It is worth storing cans with conservation in a cool and dark place, but protect them from sudden temperature changes. Heat will shorten the shelf life of the workpiece, lead to its deterioration, as well as contact with direct sunlight.
Marinating or salting peppers is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Even for those housewives who do not differ in deep knowledge of cooking, it will not be difficult to create preservation.