We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
“Connie f1” cucumber is an excellent early-ripening partenocarpic hybrid, which is perfect for cultivation in open ground and growing in greenhouse constructions. The hybrid is obtained by crossing varieties with different dominant characters. The hybrid form does not require pollinators, and mass ovaries form within a month and a half after the appearance of the first entrances.
Connie Cucumbers are a high-yielding hybrid form of parthenocarpic pollination. The mid-season hybrid is intended for fresh consumption, and is also suitable for use in pickling and for canning. The bushes of the plant are indeterminate in shape, of medium growth strength with medium lengths of lashes. This hybrid is recommended for cultivation in open and protected ground, direct sowing or using the seedling method.
The average length of greenery varies from 7 to 9 cm. The surface of the fetus is characterized by frequent small tuberosity, the presence of pronounced pubescence of white color. The Zelentsov cylindrical shape. The average weight of one vegetable reaches 75 g. Taste is very high. The pulp is dense, with a characteristic crunch, without bitterness.
Advantages and disadvantages
Hybrid "Connie f1" has the following advantages, which make it very promising for personal cultivation:
- excellent taste of greens;
- high marketability of harvested cucumbers;
- sufficient disease resistance of the hybrid form;
- very high productivity of about 14-16 kg / m².
The plant is undemanding to agricultural technology and bears fruit well in conditions of insufficiently competent and timely care of plants. The hybrid belongs to the category of self-pollinated, which allows it to be grown in film greenhouses in a fairly early period. A tall and medium-sized plant has a bundle type of ovary laying.
How to grow cucumbers
Any soil with a slightly acidic or neutral reaction is perfect for growing Connie f1 cucumbers. Sowing seeds for seedlings is carried out in April. The Connie f1 cucumber is planted most often with ready-made, optimally grown seedlings. In this case, the landing pattern is 70x30 cm.
To obtain high-quality seedlings, the following recommendations should be followed:
- pretreatment of full-weight seed in a solution of growth stimulants, followed by soaking in water;
- the depth of sowing seeds is two lengths of a seed, and can be about one and a half centimeters;
- you should carefully monitor the temperature regime when growing seedlings, and the temperature for germination should be at least 24 degrees;
- the crops should be covered with a regular film and after the appearance of 50% cucumber "loops" the coating is removed;
- at the phase of a pair of real leaves, foliar seedlings are fed with a solution of "Speedfol Amino Start";
- cucumber seedlings should be protected from drafts, and it is also undesirable to install seedling tanks on cold window sills;
- if necessary, additional cucumber seedlings are refined for several hours daily.
High-quality seedlings of cucumbers "Connie f1" has at least four true leaves, healthy appearance, brightly colored leaves and a powerful, not elongated stem. In the case of sowing cucumbers with seeds in the soil, they are sown in rows more often, so that at the stage of formation of a pair of real leaves, cull and leave the strongest plants.
Sowing seeds is necessary only after the threat of frost has passed, and the soil warms up to 12aboutC. Scheme for planting seedlings - staggered, 50 x 50 cm.
Cucumber "Connie f1" abundantly bears fruit and brings maximum yield, subject to the following agricultural measures:
- after planting, seedlings should be protected from sunlight, which can cause wilting of plants or burns on leaves;
- at first, the crops of cucumbers are covered with covering material to protect even from short-term temperature fluctuations;
- watering is carried out with warm water after the heat subsides;
- should protect plants from waterlogging of the soil, which often causes diseases of the root system;
- ridges with cucumbers require regular weeding, followed by loosening of the upper soil layer and mulching;
- Prior to mass flowering, root dressing is carried out once every two weeks with the use of readily soluble mineral, organic or complex fertilizers, among which the best performance is shown by the high-quality complex fertilizer Yara Mila Complex;
- from the beginning of flowering to the end of fruiting 2 times a week, foliar top dressing of cucumbers is carried out using Plantafol and Green-Go or Terraflex.
Any varieties and hybrids of cucumber very poorly tolerate a high concentration of fertilizers, so it is recommended to feed them more often, but with a lower dosage.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about the problems and errors that arise when growing cucumbers.
Reviews of vegetable growers
“Connie-f1” cucumber is one of the most popular hybrids among gardeners. Reviews about this hybrid are always positive, and many Russian vegetable growers call it their favorite. "Connie" compares favorably with similar hybrid forms with high productivity, unpretentiousness and excellent taste data of ripe greens.
With this variety of cucumbers from company "SeDek" many gardeners are associated not only with very high yields, which reach 8 kg per plant, but also the almost complete absence of any problems during cultivation. Cucumbers ripen very amicably, they have an attractive appearance, excellent taste and aroma, which are preserved even when canning or salting greens.
How to tie cucumbers
This variety is resistant to viral diseases and does not require special care from growers. Cucumbers retain their original appearance for a long time, are well transported, do not fade. And the low cost of seeds makes this hybrid very affordable.