We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Zucchini grows quickly, tastes good, and can be used for salads and canning. They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. Consider a selection of the best zucchini varieties for 2021 for growing in home beds. What varieties can be chosen for greenhouses, which ones - for regions; selection of varieties by other characteristics: by the shape and color of the fruit, by yield, pollination, by the density of the skin.
Outdoor cultivars for 2021
Despite the fact that zucchini loves warmth, they grow successfully in almost all regions of Russia. Most varieties are designed to be grown in the usual way - in the beds.
Early ripe zucchini
Tsukesha ripens in just 51 days. It is recommended to grow in the spring under the film and in the beds in the summer Advantages of the variety:
- bush form;
- the fruit is long, up to 40 cm, up to 12 cm thick;
- weight - 890 g;
- the skin is smooth, thin, speckled, dark and light green,
- the flesh is white, the middle is creamy;
- the taste is excellent;
- yield - 11-12 kg per 1 sq. m.
Disadvantages: May be affected by gray rot.
The fruits of the Kuand variety ripen on 52-61 days. The plant is characterized by the following advantages:
- large fruiting - 1.1-1.5 kg;
- smooth skin, light green with dark stripes;
- yield - 20.3-24.8 kg / sq. m;
- stable fruiting;
- great taste.
Cons: Medium resistant to powdery mildew and gray mold.
Skvorushka has the following advantages:
- compact bush;
- the fruit is dark green, speckled, ribbed, of medium thickness and length;
- fruit weight - 0.7-1.1 kg;
- medium-sized seeds;
- yield - 5.8-7.3 kg per square meter;
- resistant to cold and drought.
Disadvantages: can only be grown in private farms.
Iskander is a table and canning variety. The plant has advantages:
- compact bush;
- the fruit is club-shaped, with a neck, the skin is greenish, with a spot of white;
- weight - 0.7 kg;
- the pulp is tender;
- good taste;
- yield - 9.1 kg per sq. m.
Cons of the variety: large seeds.
Characteristics of the Spaghetti variety:
- semi-leafy bush shape;
- zucchini elliptical, unripe whitish, ripe - cream color;
- weight - 0.7-1.6 kg;
- the pulp is dense, fibrous, juicy, slightly sweet;
- standard yield - 4.9-9.7 kg per sq. m.
Cons of the variety: for growing only in private farms.
The Ball variety has spherical fruits with a white spotted skin. Characteristics:
- zucchini weight - 0.8-2.1 kg;
- pulp of excellent taste;
- yield - 3.7-11.5 kg per meter, higher than standard.
Cons: exactingness to agricultural technology and care.
The best varieties for greenhouses
Zucchini grow well not only in the beds, but also in greenhouse conditions. Early varieties are planted in greenhouses to get the harvest as early as possible.
Masha is an early-ripening variety, a bush plant, small in size. The fruit is of a classic shape, with indistinct ribbing, striped, medium in length and width. Pros:
- tender pulp;
- yield - 7.9-8.9 kg.
Stored for a short time.
The Aral also ripens early. The bush is semi-leafy, the marrow is slightly ribbed, greenish, with white speckles. Characteristics:
- weight - 0.5-0.8 kg;
- dense pulp;
- yield per meter - 4.1-10 kg, higher than the standard.
Not intended for storage.
For different regions
Zucchini is a thermophilic plant, because of this, it does not grow and bear fruit normally everywhere. For cold regions, you need to select varieties that are resistant to adverse weather, cold and humid climates. Any species can be planted where it is warm.
For Siberia and the Urals
Pharaoh, in addition to cold resistance and early maturity, has the following advantages:
- bush form;
- weight - 0.8 kg;
- dark color of the skin,
- the flesh is yellowish;
- yield - 6.7-15 kg;
- does not become infected with gray mold.
Cons: the skin is fragile, not thick.
The early ripening variety Anchor ripens in 41-49 days. Advantages:
- average fruit size - 0.9 kg;
- smooth, light skin,
- unsweetened, yellowish pulp;
- yield - 7.5-9.7 kg / sq. m;
- keeping quality - 1 month.
May be affected by rot and powdery mildew.
For Moscow region
Aeronaut - early maturing, ripens in 46 days:
- weight - 1.3 kg;
- smooth surface, dark skin;
- the bark is fragile;
- unsweetened, dense pulp;
- small seed chamber;
- harvest - 7 kg.
Susceptible to viruses and powdery mildew.
Golda is a medium early bush marrow. Pros:
- medium-sized fruit;
- weight - 0.5-1.3 kg;
- firm but tender pulp;
- yield - 4.5-5.7 kg, higher than that of standards.
Designed for cultivation only in private household plots.
For the middle lane
Karisma is an early ripening variety, advantages:
- light skin;
- compact bush;
- average weight - 0.6-0.7 kg;
- marketable yield - 3.9-10.1 kg, higher than standard.
Recommended only for commercial production.
Astoria ripens early, the plants are compact. Pros:
- average size of fruits;
- weight - 0.7-1.8 kg each;
- dense, creamy flesh;
- yield - 4-5.5 kg, exceeds the standard.
Not resistant to diseases.
What are the other criteria for choosing?
The skin color of zucchini can be not only traditional: light or dark, but also bright and unusual - yellow.
Vegetable growers like this color, they even make jam from such fruits.
Zolotinka is an early ripe, semi-pebbled variety. Advantages:
- average size - 0.7-1 kg;
- tender pulp;
- harvest - 5.2 kg.
Cons: uncomfortable fruiting.
Orange is a round squash, up to 15 cm in diameter. Pros:
- early ripening, ripens for 40 days;
- harvest - 6 kg;
- sweet taste;
- can be eaten fresh.
Disadvantages: not stored for a long time.
Bush forms are convenient for their compactness, the bushes do not take up much space, you just take care of them, collect fruits: the lashes are not squeezed, remain intact.
The black handsome man is grown in the beds. The fruits are used for cooking and canning. Characteristics:
- zucchini of medium size, uniform dark green color, shiny, ribbed;
- the pulp is juicy;
- fruit weight - 0.8-1.7 kg each;
- from a meter of beds, you can collect 3.9-8.4 kg.
The disadvantage of the variety is the dark color of the skin, which not all growers like.
Roller - early ripening zucchini, can bear fruit for 36-38 days. Advantages:
- shortened internodes;
- zucchini smooth, oval-shaped, light green;
- medium-dense pulp;
- weight - 0.9-1.3 kg;
- yield - 9.1 kg;
- suitable for recycling.
Disadvantage: large seeds, sick with powdery mildew.
Productivity is one of the main criteria that influences the choice of gardeners. Consider the varieties, the originators of which claim that more than 15 kg per season can be harvested from the bush.
Yellow-fruited can give, with proper agricultural technology, from 1 sq. m up to 20 kg. Pros of the variety:
- matures in 50 days;
- disease resistant;
- few leaves;
- creamy pulp;
- the average weight reaches 900 g.
Cons: Not intended for storage.
The Russian size can produce fruits 1 m in length, the total yield is up to 30 kg. Other characteristics:
- the middle is pink-orange, not fibrous;
- universal application.
Cons: Large fruits are difficult to use fresh.
Gardeners prefer self-pollinated zucchini, because they form an ovary better, it is not necessary to plant pollinators nearby.
Kavili is known to many vegetable growers, it can be used to cook dishes, caviar, and canning. Pros:
- first collection for 40-42 days;
- amicable maturation;
- whitish, spotted skin color;
- the pulp is juicy, greenish;
- weight - 320 g;
- stable yield - 4.6 kg each;
Recommended for cultivation only in private household plots.
Parthenon - Dutch selection, compact bush. Pros:
- harvest - up to 15 kg;
- early maturity;
- the duration of fruiting;
- greenish juicy pulp, dark skin;
- you can eat raw zucchini.
Cons: You can't leave seeds for propagation.
White Bush is a Dutch early ripening variety. Advantages:
- ripening after 1.5 months;
- marketable condition;
- smooth skin;
- creamy pulp;
- resistance to fungal diseases.
It is not recommended to store zucchini.
Genovese is an Italian early ripening variety. Pros:
- you can harvest for 35 days;
- fruits do not coarse for a long time;
- weight - 0.9-1.7 kg.
- do not get sick in high humidity;
- can be grown in garden beds and greenhouses.
Short storage is a disadvantage of the variety.
Zucchini is easy to grow, they do not need special agricultural technology, watering, feeding and loosening is enough. Most varieties set fruit well; in order for the ovary to continue to form, you need to cut off young zucchini in time. Overripe will be overgrown and fibrous, tasteless and will not allow new fruits to grow. You cannot get a good harvest from such bushes. The harvested zucchini can be eaten immediately fresh, for example, to make salads, can be sent for processing, for conservation or put for storage. In a cold, dark place, with moderate humidity, they can last for at least a month. Late varieties can be stored longer.
Seeds of varietal zucchini can be left for reproduction, they are perfectly stored after drying, they easily sprout in warm ground. On a personal plot, it is enough to grow several bushes of climbing or bush forms, which will provide an average family with a harvest for the whole season.