We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Jam is considered a common winter preparation made by many housewives. Zucchini jam is popular, which tastes like pineapple jam. Before you start creating such a dessert, you need to familiarize yourself with the features of its preparation.
Features of cooking squash jam for pineapple for the winter
To properly prepare a sweet snack, you need to familiarize yourself with the features of its creation. Harvesting pineapple-flavored jam has the following features:
- for preservation, only young and not overripe zucchini are selected, on the surface of which there is no yellowing or dark spots;
- the jars in which the workpiece will be preserved should not be very large;
- canned squash should be stored in a cool place, as at temperatures above 8-10 degrees, it will begin to deteriorate faster.
Before you start cooking, you need to figure out the list of the right ingredients. To create a sweet jam, you will need the following components:
- Zucchini. This is the main ingredient from which the snack is canned. To preserve the dish, you will need 800-1000 grams of fresh squash fruits with a thin peel.
- Canned pineapples. When preparing a dish, use 1-2 jars of pineapple with juice, which will be used as a marinade for zucchini slices.
- Sugar. To make the appetizer sweet, one and a half kilograms of granulated sugar are added to it.
Before you start creating canned squash, you will have to pre-prepare vegetables.
Each selected zucchini is thoroughly washed from dirt and peeled. Some leave the skin on and do not peel it, but this can negatively affect the taste of the snack and make it more bitter. Therefore, it is better to remove the peel, especially if it is dense. The washed and peeled fruits must be cut in advance. Moreover, they are cut into cubes, and not into strips.
How to prepare containers correctly?
All containers must be sterilized in advance so that the preservation does not deteriorate too quickly.
Most housewives use the steam method during sterilization. Fill a saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil. After that, a metal mesh or lattice is installed on top, on which the jars are placed. At the same time, they must be installed upside down so that the steam gets into the container.
It is necessary to sterilize the jars within 10-15 minutes.
How to make delicious pineapple marrow jam
The recipe for making jam will help to properly prepare canned squash.
First, each zucchini fruit is cut in half, after which the seed pulp is removed from it. Then the vegetable, peeled from seeds, is cut into small cubes and poured into a saucepan. After that, a fragrant syrup is prepared from pineapple juice. It is poured into a saucepan with zucchini and boiled for forty minutes. Then pineapple slices with sugar are added to the container and boiled for 5-10 minutes.
The prepared mixture is poured into jars and rolled up with lids.
Storage rules for the finished product
After cooking, canned zucchini jam is transferred to a cellar or other cool room. The twist should be stored at 2-5 degrees Celsius.
Many people think that zucchini can only be used for making salted preserves, but this is not the case. They can be used to make pineapple-flavored jam. However, before that, you will have to familiarize yourself with the recommendations for creating such a winter blank.