We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The colored fruits of tomatoes attract gardeners. Tomato Golden rain pleases with an abundance of yellow berries. Their graceful shape allows them to be used to decorate vegetable dishes. Adults and children like the mild sweetish taste.
The tomato is designed for growing in open ground and unheated greenhouses. Plant specifications:
- indeterminate variety;
- on the street it reaches a height of 1.50 m, under shelters 1.8 m;
- mid-season (from germination to the first tomatoes 135-140 days);
- from planting seedlings to a permanent place to picking up tomatoes 80 days;
- leaves of medium size, bright green;
- complex brushes, prone to fruit overload;
- with competent agricultural technology, it is possible to get up to 3.5 kg / m².
Tomato variety Golden rain is sensitive to air humidity... Gardeners need to take into account the characteristics of the soil. Loamy and sandy loam are ideal for growing. Too heavy or light soils should be structured.
What makes a tomato happy
The shape and color of the fruits do not leave indifferent summer residents. Description of berries:
- drop-shaped with a thickening at the bottom;
- light yellow color;
- fruit weight up to 30 g;
- easy separation from the peduncle;
- gradual ripening of berries in the brush;
- the pulp is fleshy, juicy;
- sweet taste of fruits;
- a large number of seed chambers;
- pronounced "tomato" aroma;
- fruits with a dense, coarse skin.
Gardeners appreciated the universal purpose of the fruit. Tomatoes are delicious fresh and look great in canned whole fruits. The dense skin does not allow the berries to crack during heat treatment. Sauces and pastes are distinguished by their sweet taste and unexpected color.
How to get what you want
The Golden Rain tomatoes are somewhat capricious. You will have to work hard to achieve the desired indicators. Growing recommendations:
- sowing seedlings in the second decade of March;
- during the forcing of seedlings, it is necessary to monitor the humidity of the air (<65%);
- the temperature should not exceed 18 ⁰С;
- the seedlings must be highlighted up to 18 hours;
- placement on permanent beds on May 10-20 (if the spring is protracted, the landing time is shifted until the last frost);
- planting according to the scheme: 60 cm x 70 cm;
- top dressing when planting with any mineral complex (or double superphosphate);
- mulching ridges with grass, straw, black non-woven material;
- prevent waterlogging of the earth (water only after complete drying);
- keep the humidity in the greenhouse <60%;
- prevent overheating of the air (flower pollen is sterilized);
- form into 2-3 stems;
- pinch regularly;
- to lighten the pouring fruits;
- be sure to tie up plants and brushes;
- in case of prolonged rains, planting on open ridges is recommended to be covered with a film;
- apply fertilizing with mineral complexes according to the manufacturer's scheme.
The turnover of crops should be taken into account. Precursors for tomato: beans, beans, cabbage, turnips, radishes, lettuce. After potatoes, peppers, it is not recommended to plant it.
Planning of planting is required in advance: the ridges should be filled with nutrients, and the soil should be structured.
Greenhouse greenhouse soil management is a simple healing method. Planting rye, peas, oats will free the soil from pathogenic bacteria and help grow strong tomatoes.
What the gardeners decided
The variety Golden rain fell in love with gardeners. They give good reviews. People like: color, aroma, yield, versatility of fruits, appearance. Children eat berries from the bush, appreciate their "candy" taste.
There is only one drawback: capriciousness. Seedlings are easily affected by the black leg, adult plants, due to the ripening period, do not leave phytophthora. To get a decent harvest in an unfavorable summer, you have to work hard.