We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When you hear the word "charlotte", you certainly want to add "apple". It is difficult to find a person who does not know this delicacy. In Russia, so-called apple pie. For residents of other countries, other associations are associated with this many-sided dessert, which has a long history.
The history of the origin of the dish
There are different options for the appearance of charlotte:
- Someone believes that the name of the dessert came from the name of Charlotte. So supposedly the name was a certain English girl, to whom the cook in love with her devoted his best apple dessert.
- English culinary experts refer to ancient recipes that exist for more than five hundred years. They claim that the name is consonant with the English word "charlyt". This is the name of the dish with beaten eggs, sugar and milk. Originally it was apple bread pudding.
- In America, charlotte is associated with a cook who lived in the city of Charlotte. Rather, it is fiction, because the British knew the recipe for this dish much earlier than the Americans.
- Famous in the 18th century Frenchman Marie Antoine Karem created his own modification of charlotte. Instead of bread, savoyardi cookies were laid out in the mold, and its middle was filled with Bavarian gelatin cream.
- In Russia, this dish was originally prepared from different varieties of bread, soaked in egg-milk mixture or in melted butter, with apples. Only a hundred years ago, bread was replaced with biscuit dough, which is made from a glass of sugar and flour, 4 eggs, vanilla sugar, soda, quenched with vinegar (now they use baking powder in their place) and vanilla sugar. These proportions of charlotte products are considered classic these days.
Charlotte with apples: a classic recipe
Oven Charlotte Recipes in the Oven
In different countries there are many variations of charlotte with apples.
The basis is a dessert recipe that existed in Russia more than a hundred years ago, adapted to modern conditions. It uses two stale bread loaves, 5 apples of the Antonovka variety (or another sweet and sour variety), 100 grams of butter, half a glass of sugar, and one egg yolk.
- Cut the bread without crust into equal slices 1 cm thick. Their size and quantity are calculated so as to lay out the walls of a demountable shape. The edges of the pieces are fastened together by dipping them in the yolk.
- The bottom of the form, laid out oiled with parchment, must be filled with bread slices, cutting out various figures from them.
- Apples sliced in the form of long sticks are added to the resulting bread mold. Before that, they are stewed for several minutes in a frying pan in butter with added sugar. So that the juice from the fruit does not leak, apple cubes are mixed with crackers. They are made from previously cut crusts.
- From above all this is covered with a “lid” of bread, like the one that closes the bottom of the mold.
- The cake is baked in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
Vegetarian Charlotte with semolina: a step by step recipe
- a glass of flour
- semolina and kefir,
- a pinch of soda
- 100 g of vegetable oil,
- some salt
- kilogram of apples.
All ingredients (except apples) are mixed. From them, the dough of sour cream consistency is obtained. The apples are diced and poured into the dough. The mold is oiled. The future cake is laid out in it. Charlotte according to this recipe is baked in the oven at 180 degrees 45 minutes.
With apples, butter and cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 200 g butter,
- three quarters of a glass of sugar,
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of flour,
- kilogram of apples.
Eggs are beaten with sugar and butter, then flour is gradually added to the mixture. The dough is pretty thick. The last in the dough are added cocoa and cinnamon. The filling is cut into large cubes and evenly laid out in the dough. Baking time is 50 minutes, and the temperature is 180 degrees.
Apples look beautiful in chocolate biscuit.
With margarine cornmeal
This charlotte is surprisingly crumbly and airy.
- a pack of margarine,
- 3 eggs,
- a glass of sugar and cornmeal
- baking powder,
- 4 apples.
Melt margarine, beat with sugar and continue the process, adding one egg at a time. Add flour and baking powder to the mixture. Grease the form with margarine, pour the dough into it. Put sliced apples on top, sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar.
Baking time - 40 minutes, temperature - 180 degrees.
Products: rye flour - a glass, kefir - one and a half glasses, 3 eggs, 100 g of cane sugar (gives the dish a unique caramel flavor), baking powder, 2 apples and persimmons, cinnamon.
- beat sugar and eggs;
- add flour and baking powder (the dough is not too liquid);
- cut apples and persimmons, put in a greased form and on top slightly crushed with flour;
- sprinkle some fruit with cinnamon and brown sugar;
- put the dough on the filling, leveling it well;
- bake at 200 degrees 50 minutes;
- Sprinkle the cooled cake with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
With apples and honey
Ingredients: half a glass of sugar, a quarter glass of honey, a glass of water, 2 glasses of flour, half a glass of vegetable oil and any chopped nuts, lemon zest, vanillin, coriander, cinnamon, baking powder, large apple.
- pour a glass of boiling water into sugar, vanillin, cinnamon, coriander and honey, mix well;
- add nuts, lemon, vegetable oil to the resulting workpiece and stir;
- introduce flour and baking powder;
- put the mixed dough into a mold;
- spread cut apples on top;
Bake the cake at 180 degrees 50 minutes.
Baking mode and time
Modern charlotte is most often various variations of apple pie based on biscuit dough. Such a cake must be put in a preheated oven. The optimum temperature is 180-200 degrees. The first half hour is not recommended to open the oven, because the biscuit does not like even short-term and insignificant temperature drops. Well, if the oven provides two-sided heating, then the cake will be baked evenly.
The baking time of the cake largely depends on the amount of apple filling in it. In most cases, it is 40-50 minutes. Ready cake should stand in a warm oven for another ten minutes. Then, laying out on the table, fragrant pastries should be covered with a towel. Then the charlotte will cool gradually and will not settle.
The secrets of cooking airy apple charlotte
In order to get a delicious and magnificent charlotte, in addition to the correctly selected temperature regime, one must take into account such subtleties:
- For the filling, it is best to take hard and not too sweet apples. The best apple variety is Golden. Cut them into large slices, peel the skin.
- If the apples are caramelized in a small amount of honey, then sugar will need a third less, and fruit juice will not leak into the dough. It will not be raw inside, it will rise well.
- It is not necessary to whip the whites and yolks separately. But the thoroughness of whipping and mixing the remaining components of the pie is an important condition for an excellent result. First, beat the eggs, then continue the process with the addition of sugar, in the last turn, gradually pour the flour and baking powder.
- If there is oil in the recipe, then it is heated in a frying pan and gradually introduced into the dough (so that the proteins do not curdle) before making the flour.
- The dough will turn out refined and very magnificent, if in addition to cinnamon add a little nutmeg.
We also offer you to get acquainted with the options for making a pie with grapes.
Charlotte supply methods
Charlotte provides great opportunities for the manifestation of fantasy both in the recipe and in the way of serving. At the festive table, it goes well with ice cream, various fruits.
There are several options for an interesting dessert serving:
- Cut into portioned cakes, topped with fruit jelly.
- For baking, use different curly molds, for example, a cake pan. And fill the hole in the center with fruit compositions or ice cream.
- The cake can be sprinkled with powdered sugar on top, putting in the center of the stencil in the form of, for example, a heart. After removing it, this place can be sprinkled with chocolate or filled with berries. You can put sweet beads or figuratively cut segments of apples, berries or something else on the powdered parts of the cake.
There are hundreds of recipes for making an ancient dessert - apple charlotte. Several countries believe that it owes its appearance to their culinary masters. It doesn’t matter who was the first to start making this amazing old delicacy. After all, having survived the centuries, although it has transformed, it has remained popular and beloved by all.