We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Julian" from an amateur selection of W. U. Kapelyushnogo many are known under the synonym "BH8" and refers to the table form of grapes with a very early ripening time. Harvesting depending on climatic and weather conditions can be started on the 95th or 105th day of the growing season.
The hybrid form of Yulian grapes was obtained as a result of breeding work on crossing the popular Kesha variety with grapes called Rizamat, which made it possible to obtain a hybrid that is quite interesting and attractive for winegrowers.
Own plantings of grapes "Julian" are characterized by great growth power. Shoots have early ripening along the entire length of the growth. Cuttings obtained from this hybrid form are characterized by good rooting. Compatibility with most stocks and varieties is very good.
Grapes "Julian": the first harvest
Flowering of this variety is bisexual. Ripe grapes in their shape are very reminiscent of the grapes of the parent variety "Rizamat". The peduncle is quite long. The structure of a fully matured brush is medium-loose, without a tight fit of berries.
In the bunches of grapes "Julian" formed smooth berries with a napkin shape, pink in color. Their sizes range from 4 x 2.6 to 4.2 x 2.8 cm. The average weight of the berry can vary from 9 to 11 g. Taste qualities of the berry are good. Ripe pulp, harmonious in taste, has sufficient density, crispy, covered with a thin skin that is not noticeable during the meal. Sugar accumulation is quite high.
Advantages and disadvantages
The hybrid form of grapes "Julian" has the following advantages declared by the author:
- very large and beautiful clusters;
- bisexual flowering, eliminating pollination problems;
- the possibility of obtaining an early harvest;
- good sugar accumulation and excellent taste;
- high marketability and crop transportability:
- the hybrid is practically not affected by wasps;
- resistant to mildew, oidium and gray rot by 2.5-3 points;
- declared frost resistance up to -24 ° C.
Currently, further variety testing of this new hybrid form for compliance with the declared indicators is underway.
High-quality seedlings of Yulian grapes have a very developed root system, which greatly facilitates the planting of this hybrid form and accelerates its survival. Adaptation of the plant to open ground conditions takes place as soon as possible. Planting seedlings is preferably carried out in the spring. Planting is carried out standard for all hybrid forms of grapes:
- preparation of landing pits or trenches should begin in the fall;
- creation of the “pie” necessary for the root system of grapes, consisting of a drainage layer, humus with the addition of a complex of fertilizers and fertile soil;
- in the spring, seedlings should be prepared by cutting the root system to 15 or 20 cm and soaking the rest in a solution of stimulants;
- all excess, damaged or weakened shoots are subject to pruning on the seedling prepared for planting;
- to mount the vine, drive a wooden or metal stake into the center of the pit.
After planting, seedlings should be abundantly watered (1.5-2 buckets of water) and the soil settled over the root system should be added. Around the bushes, it is recommended to mulch the soil with humus or sawdust.
The hybrid Julian form received the maximum number of positive qualities from the parent couple, including resistance to the most common grape diseases and pests, which minimizes the use of chemicals for preventive spraying of bushes.
A standard double treatment is usually enough to protect the plant for the entire season. Grape bushes at the vegetation stage need enhanced care. The activities required at this stage are as follows:
- two water-charging irrigation, which correspond to the beginning of the growing season in spring and the preparation of bushes for the winter period;
- irrigation measures based on soil conditions and weather conditions;
- the introduction of organic compounds in a year in the absence of a mulching layer of organic matter;
- rationing of inflorescences and bunches to reduce overload of bushes with crops and increase fruitfulness;
- maintaining the load on each bush in 40 or 45 eyes;
- pruning for 8-10 eyes.
This hybrid form is also interesting in that the creation of increased soil moisture makes it possible to obtain about 90-95% of well-developed and very viable seedlings at the output. In addition, it is noted that the grafted culture improves the quality characteristics of the crop.
According to many gardeners, Julian grapes are deservedly among the ten most popular and interesting hybrid forms for homestead viticulture. Grapes, indeed, showed outstanding resistance to defeat mildew and ticks. At the flowering stage, shedding of ovaries on the largest peduncles was rarely observed, which makes us think about performing pinching.
Vaccinated plants of this form are noticeably stronger than their own roots and require timely tying for growth direction. The shoots are very strong, and on each of them 2-3 inflorescences are formed, which requires rationing. On the stepsons, ovaries also form. No berries are observed. Some doubts are caused by the declared ripening period, however, it makes sense to observe the shape with the accumulation of old wood.
Features of the grape variety "Julian"
Despite the novelty and lack of knowledge, the hybrid form of the Julian grape leaves a completely favorable impression with its qualitative characteristics and excellent cheerfulness. Perhaps further study will allow this form to be universally recognized and occupy a leading position in private vineyards.