We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The basis of the traditional recipe for charlotte are apples. However, raisins can be added to the usual ingredients. Why exactly him? Baked apples give the test a sour taste, especially if it is Granny Smith fruit. Whereas raisins will be a good addition due to the sweet, unobtrusive taste.
Charlotte Raisin Recipe
To make charlotte with apples and raisins in the oven you will need:
- 1 cup flour;
- 3 eggs;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 1 tsp baking powder (can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of soda with the addition of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar);
- 1/3 tsp salt;
- 20-25 grams of butter;
- 500 gr. apples (it is better to choose sweet and sour apples of the varieties "Simirenko", "Golden Delicious", "Royal Gala", "Gloucester", etc.);
- 1 handful of raisins;
- icing sugar for decoration.
Before adding raisins to the cake, it must be properly prepared, otherwise you risk spoiling the taste of the treat.
The easiest way is to soak the raisins. Pour the required number of berries with a glass of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Then drain the water and gently dry the raisins with a paper towel. Make sure that pieces of paper do not stick to the berries and then fall into the cake.
For those who have a little more time, you can try a combination of lemon peel, raisins and apples. Rinse one lemon thoroughly, then use a grater to separate the zest from the fruit and squeeze the juice into a deep bowl. Peel the washed apples from the peel and seeds, and then cut into cubes. Rinse with boiled water. Place slices of apples and raisins in a bowl with lemon zest and juice, leave for a couple of hours. Soaked apples and raisins in this way place together with the lemon peel on the bottom of the baking dish. Keep in mind that lemon can cause allergies.
- Use a mixer to mix eggs and sugar. Sprinkle flour into the finished mixture through a sieve, and then add salt and mix again. Last add baking powder or quench soda (mix half teaspoon of soda with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar).
- Charlotte should be baked in a baking dish with a non-stick coating, the ideal size of which is 28 cm. Lubricate the surface of the mold with a cooking brush or a cotton pad dipped in vegetable oil. Then sprinkle 1 tbsp. a spoon of flour or semolina, without this stage, charlotte will simply burn to shape.
- Cut the butter into cubes and spread on the bottom of the mold. Lay on top the peeled and diced apples and pour the already washed and dried raisins. It remains only to fill the dough.
- Preheat the oven for several minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. Put the charlotte and bake for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle warm cake with powdered sugar and cut into small pieces.
Dessert is ready!
Cooking dessert in a slow cooker
Modern technologies allow you to make a pie not only in the traditional way in the oven, but also in a slow cooker. The ingredients and the preparation process are no different from those described above, the difference is only in time.
After the form with the test is completely ready, set the “Baking” mode and cook for 1 hour. After the charlotte is ready, it is better not to open the lid immediately, but wait about 10-15 minutes to allow the cake to “infuse”.
How to decorate a finished charlotte
Many housewives miss the process of decorating charlotte, and in vain, because this is a good opportunity to make the cake even more appetizing.
Usually icing sugar is used as a sweet decoration, but you can try other options. For example, charlotte is often sprinkled with crushed nuts and wafer slices. Intrepid sweet tooth prefer to use chocolate chips or pour the cake on top with melted chocolate. Suitable not only familiar milk, but also white chocolate.
A good addition to charlotte is honey. Choose exclusively liquid flower or linden honey. Keep in mind that honey is a fairly strong allergen.
Gourmets can be advised whipped cream as a decoration of charlotte. You do not need to apply them on the cake in advance, otherwise they will literally melt in a few seconds.
In shops, special toppings for decoration are widely represented. Caramel, vanilla and cherry topping are perfect for charlotte.
If you serve charlotte as a festive dish, then it will be useful to decorate it with fresh fruits. Cut the kiwi, bananas and strawberries into small pieces and arrange on a charlotte in random order. A good addition is icing sugar, caramel topping and condensed milk.
Charlotte with apples and raisins in a slow cooker
Charlotte is good at being a versatile dessert. It can be served at family celebrations, children's parties, as well as during tea drinking. Try to cook charlotte and see for yourself that such a delicacy will not leave indifferent even the rarest picks.