We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potato "Natasha" is included in the State Register of Russia as an early, highly productive, promising, table variety variety from the German producer Solana. Recommended for cultivation in the Middle Volga region.
Potato "Natasha" forms oval tubers with a yellow, smooth peel and shallow eyes. The pulp is yellow. The starch content of 12-13%. Plants are medium in height, intermediate type, semi-upright. The leaves are large, from light green to deep green. The edge waviness is medium. The intensity of the anthocyanin color of the inside of the corolla is absent or very weak.
Advantages and disadvantages
Potato variety "Natasha" has not yet received significant distribution among potato growers and gardeners, but the description of the variety and its characteristics indicate a significant number of advantages:
- early harvest;
- high overall yield;
- a large number of tubers on the bush;
- excellent taste of pulp;
- marketability of tubers 76-93%;
- resistance to a large number of diseases, including potato cancer and golden potato cyst-forming nematode, as well as to the Y virus, tuber rot and rhizoctonia;
- tubers shelf life in the course of long-term storage of 93%.
Potato tubers of this variety are distinguished not only by high quality characteristics, but also by their impeccable appearance.
How to prepare potatoes for planting
Dates and features of landing
Potatoes "Natasha" should be planted in accordance with the technology of growing any early varieties, Considering weather conditions and climatic features:
- no less than a month and a half, planting material should be transferred from the storehouse to a warmer room for acclimatization and subsequent germination;
- medium-sized tubers should be germinated in conditions of good lighting and a sufficient temperature regime, without signs of disease damage;
- after germination, it is recommended to carry out measures for the preventive treatment of planting material with Prestige and the heteroauxin growth stimulator;
- it is advisable to prepare the soil on the site for growing potatoes in the fall, and in the spring, if necessary, re-digging, removing weeds and leveling the soil surface;
- depending on the amount of planting material to be grown, use the manual planting method or mechanize the process of planting tubers;
- fertilizers are recommended to be applied directly to the planting hole, using approximately 700 g of dry humus and 5 tbsp. l wood ash;
- planting, regardless of the method, is carried out in an ordinary way, with a row spacing of 70 cm, which allows plants to provide an optimal nutritional area and facilitate potato care activities;
- the distance between the planting holes should be approximately 30-35 cm, and the depth of planting depends on the size of the planting material and soil structure.
Immediately after planting, the surface of the site should be carefully leveled with a rake. Further care of this vegetable crop will be required in about ten days.
Potato "Natasha" compares favorably with many early varieties by resistance to adverse weather factors during the growing season. The use of modern agricultural techniques contributes to the formation of high-quality and high yield:
- Before emergence of seedlings, the potato field should be cleaned of weeds and prevent the formation of an earth crust on the soil surface, which prevents normal aeration and blocks the access of oxygen to the root system of plants.
- After the emergence of seedlings and with the likelihood of defeat by late spring frosts, the first hilling of potato tops "with the head" is carried out, which also helps to maintain moisture in the soil and prevents the growth of weeds.
- With sufficient laying of fertilizers in the soil during the autumn preparation of the site, as well as the introduction of nutrient mixtures at the planting stage, you can limit yourself to only two top dressings of potatoes, one of which can be foliar.
- Any irrigation measures have a beneficial effect on the formation of potato tubers, but an excess of moisture quite often causes rotting of the crop, so the issue of watering should be treated very carefully.
- If there is not enough favorable agricultural background in the potato growing area, regular inspections of potato tops should be carried out for damage by pests or diseases. When the first signs of damage appear, protective measures will be required, including the treatment of plants with modern fungicidal and insecticidal agents.
Reviews of gardeners
Potato "Natasha" is most often characterized as a variety that is optimally suited for cultivation in household plots. This table variety has a very high productivity. Reviews gardeners characterize the flesh of the potato "Natasha" is very positive. It has a pleasant yellow color, which gives the potato a very attractive and mouth-watering appearance after any heat treatment.
It is noticed that seed potatoes of the Natasha variety have very high resistance to rot and a black leg, and also absolutely do not suffer from mechanical damaging factors. The beautiful appearance of the tubers and the excellent taste allow us to maintain a constant high demand for this potato. In addition, the popularity is due to the possibility of obtaining early products with high consumer qualities.