We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The top-end Riviera potato from the Agrico originator is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for the Central Region and forms a full-fledged crop one and a half months after planting the seed material in the ground.
The bushes are tall, intermediate type, upright, with a reddish-purple floral corolla. The leaves are dark green, large, wavy along the edge. The stems are strong, the root system is powerful.
Potato "Riviera" forms smooth tubers of oval-round or oval shape, with a slightly rough, light yellow peel. The pulp is also light yellow or cream, contains starch 19.6%.
Ultra-ripe variety with a stated period from germination to technical maturity of 50-65 days, It is intended both for fresh consumption and for long-term storage.
Advantages and disadvantages
Potato "Riviera" is very promising, this variety and its quality characteristics compares favorably with other early ripening varieties by the following advantages:
- tastes are excellent;
- marketability of potato tubers is very good, exceeds 90%;
- resistance to the causative agent of potato cancer, scab, potato nematode, potato viral infections;
- tuber shelf life exceeds 93%;
- 5–9 tubers are formed in the nest, but their number can reach up to 10–12;
- the total yield is approximately 280 kg / ha on day 35-36 or 450 kg / ha at the end of the growing season.
During cultivation, given the relatively high susceptibility to late blight, prophylactic spraying must be carried out.
Potato "Riviera": features of the variety
Dates and features of landing
The use of super-early vegetable crops in the homestead, including the very early Riviera potatoes, makes it possible to increase the volume of output from each square meter of the planted area. When planting, it is necessary to take into account the basic rules of technology for growing potatoes:
- For potato plantings, it is desirable to give preference to light and well-treated loams or sandy loam soil; when growing any varieties of potatoes on heavy and stony soil, a slowdown in growth and deformation of tubers is observed.
- The soil for planting should be thoroughly cleaned of all weeds, as well as fertilized with high quality.
- When using tubers weighing about 80 g as planting material, one potato is laid in each planting hole, and when planting smaller tubers, the weight of which does not exceed 30 g, it is better to put 2-3 potatoes in the hole.
- Two weeks before planting, potatoes should be placed in a room with a temperature regime of +12 to + 15 ° C for faster and more friendly germination. If you plant sprouted tubers, seedlings will appear in 8-14 days and the crop will ripen a week earlier.
- Potatoes can be returned to the same planting site only after three or four years.
- Planted in May, but planting dates may vary slightly. Despite the fact that planting of potatoes is allowed during soil warming up to + 7-8 ° С, the most comfortable conditions for rooting and germination are soil temperature indices + 10 ° С and higher.
- Planting scheme of early potatoes 60 x 35 cm with a depth of 8-10 cm.
Potato "Riviera" is among the unpretentious varieties, but good and gproper care can increase the yield and quality of potatoes:
- Harrowing potato plantings along rows is necessary twice before the emergence of mass seedlings and the same number of seedlings.
- The first hoeing of potato tops with a hoe is made when the stems are 14-17 cm high, and the second two or three weeks after the first hilling.
- Planting potatoes must be carefully and regularly weed, and then carry out loosening of the soil.
- If leaf wilt on potato tops is observed, and the soil is five centimeters dry, then potato plantings need to be watered.
- In the presence of heavy rainfall and sufficient moisture in the soil, a good result is the use of dry top dressing in the form of bird droppings, as well as mineral fertilizers and ash, which are embedded in the ground during the hilling process. It should be remembered that the introduction of nitrogen fertilizers at a later date can significantly increase the growth of green mass or tops, which will negatively affect the quality and quantity of the crop.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about the best varieties of potatoes for central Russia.
Reviews of gardeners
Thanks to the painstaking work of agronomist-breeders, gardeners today have a huge selection of not just early, but ultra-early potato varieties, which have a variety of taste, appearance and agricultural characteristics. Reviews about the potato "Riviera" are the most positive.
The variety, indeed, forms a super-early and high-quality crop. The tubers are large, very beautiful and delicious. Potato "Riviera" is unpretentious and easily tolerates errors in care.