We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Rosara potato was bred by German breeders and is by far the most common early table variety with high tuber marketability. The variety is successfully grown by vegetable growers in most climatic zones. The value of the variety lies in the possibility of obtaining early vegetable products, excellent taste of tubers, high marketability of the crop and guaranteed nematode resistance of plants.
The originator of the variety is the company "Saka Pflanzenzucht GBR". The Rosara potato variety was included in the State Register of Breeding Achievements in 1996 and approved for use in the Russian Federation in the Northwest, Volga-Vyatka, Central Black Earth, North Caucasus, Middle Volga, West Siberian, East Siberian and Far Eastern regions.
Biological characteristics of the plant
The early-ripening variety "Rosara" of universal use forms a crop in a very short time. The period from the mass emergence of seedlings to the full technical maturity of tubers and harvesting takes an average of 70-75 days. The plant forms semi-spreading bushes, compact in height, upright. The inflorescence is medium in size. The corolla has a reddish-violet coloration. Tops are relatively resistant to late blight.
On average, each potato bush forms from 12 to 15 root crops. However, compliance with agricultural technology and favorable weather conditions in the cultivation region make it possible to obtain about 18-20 tubers from the bush. Root crops are characterized by an oblong-oval shape with no deformation. The taste and marketability of potatoes are very high. In a healthy environment, the yield is 350-400 kg per one hundred square meters of the landing area.
The peel is red, with small, medium-deep, closer to superficial, eyes. The average weight of a single root crop varies from 80 to 115 g. The flesh is yellow, creamy in color and contains about 12-16% starchy substances. Resistance to cancer of type I is observed, as well as the absence of a risk of damage to this variety by the golden potato nematode (R01).
Potato: variety selection
Seed potatoes must comply with GOST R 53136-2008. Certified tubers are grown for at least three years under stringent conditions, which allows for the transfer of healthy planting material for sale.
- When planting Rosara potatoes without germination, it is recommended to cover the area with non-woven material, which can be used as Agrospan-30.
- It is desirable to sprout seed potato tubers before planting, which will reduce the time from planting to harvesting by 10-14 days.
- Potatoes of the Rosara variety grow faster if, immediately after “pecking” the eyes, sprinkle moist sawdust with a layer of 3.5-4.5 cm on the seed.
- Landscaping of seed material helps to accelerate the growth of bushes and can increase tuberization and, therefore, yield by about 15%. Greening is carried out a couple of weeks before planting.
When preparing seed potatoes for spring planting, it is important to process it with a potassium permanganate solution or other methods available to the gardener, which will allow for the prevention of diseases and protect plants from damage by pathogenic microflora.
The most effective stimulants for treatment:
- "Epin Extra".
The most effective remedies against diseases and pests:
- solution of copper sulfate;
- dusting with ash.
As effective insectofungicides, such drugs as Prestige, Maxim, Cruiser and Force can be recommended. The pre-planting treatment guarantees the preservation of at least eight shoots on each tuber, which on average can ensure the formation of about fifteen new root crops from each root crop lowered into the soil.
Proper care of the vegetable crop throughout the growing season is a prerequisite for a plentiful harvest.
- Hilling is necessary for the formation of additional stolons and increase productivity by an average of 25-30%. Tops are spoiled with the use of soil from the row-spacing so that the tops of plants several centimeters high rise above the ground, and with the threat of frost, the tops are earthed up "with the head". Re-hilling is carried out two weeks after the first.
- After rain, as well as abundant watering or sprinkling of potatoes, it is necessary to loosen the soil in order to prevent the formation of soil crust, which blocks the air and reduces soil moisture.
- On moist soil, root feeding of Rosara potatoes is carried out with a solution of urea or with a solution of Solution, which can be replaced with liquid mullein or bird droppings diluted in water.
- The most important thing is to feed the potatoes at the flowering stage, which accelerates the formation of tubers. On one bucket of water should add 2 tbsp. l superphosphate and a small amount of mullein or chicken droppings.
- Throughout the growing season, timely weeding and loosening of the topsoil are of particular importance.
If there is a risk of phytophthora spreading on the potato field, one-time spraying of tops with a mixture of Bordeaux liquid or copper chloroxide with infusion of superphosphate is effective.
The productive Rosara potato variety was highly appreciated by farmers, as well as gardeners who grow this vegetable crop in household plots and summer cottages. The variety has long been actively cultivated in our country, which allowed to accumulate a lot of experience and develop several technologies that can significantly increase productivity:
- a significant increase in yield and an increase in the quality characteristics of root crops are observed when using the method of growing on straw, as well as in arable, comb plantings using rotted sawdust and straw;
- a high result was noted in conditions of early planting, which contributes to the most efficient use of winter-spring soil moisture reserves by the plant, and the result of planting on ridges is an increase in the number of tubers.
To get a guaranteed high yield, you should correctly compose the litter, which should include dry chopped grass, well-rotted sawdust and ash. You can replace this composition with high-quality, half-rotted straw. Organic dehydration contributes to the heating of the soil as soon as possible, and when it is decomposed, additional plant nutrition is carried out.
Potato growers reviews
The description of the Rosara variety, as well as the main qualitative characteristics of this potato, are known to most gardeners not only in our country, but also abroad. The variety is distinguished by excellent taste and has earned many positive reviews. Due to its high starch content, the potato pulp is practically not digested. Potatoes are suitable for both food and industrial use.
How to grow potatoes
The variety is very stable and reliable, and the total yield indicators do not depend on the variability of weather conditions in the growing region. Potatoes "Rosara" easily tolerates drought, cold snap, as well as high humidity. Productivity has not declined for four years, and updating seed over this period is not required. Harvested crops easily tolerate both long-term storage and transportation.