We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Very productive grapes "Taiga" refers to the vigorous universal varieties of early ripening. Vineyards often confuse the description of the Taiga variety of unknown origin with the hybrid Taiga emerald form, which was developed by famous breeder Nikolai Tikhonov.
Grapes "Taiga" forms a fairly powerful and vigorous bushes. It is characterized by a female type of flowering. The clusters are aligned in shape, conical, loose consistency, with an average weight of not more than 250-350 g. On each shoot there is an average of about three clusters.
The berries are rounded, up to 3.5 g in size, dark blue, almost black. The taste of ripe berries is somewhat simple, but pleasant, with a fairly high number of pectins. The amount of sugars in grape juice reaches 20%. Berries for a long time are very well preserved on the bushes. The average maturity does not exceed three months.
Grapes "Taiga" does not apply to breeding hybrid forms, but shows excellent adaptability to cultivation in different regions of Russia. It is best to purchase planting material and plant it in early spring (as soon as sap flow begins) according to the following technology:
- grapes are planted in planting pits or trenches (both vertically and with a slope), which depends on the amount of planting material, as well as the size of the future vineyard;
- Plants should be located in well-ventilated and well-lit sun plots;
- for the good development of the grape bush, the distance between neighboring seedlings must be at least 1.5 m, and the gap between the rows of the vineyard can be up to three meters;
- the bottom of the landing pit or trench should be provided with high-quality drainage based on broken brick or gravel, which should be sprinkled with prepared fertile soil with the addition of manure, humus and fertilizers;
- when planting, the root system of the seedling prepared and treated with stimulants of growth should be carefully straightened, and then sprinkled with soil substrate.
All plantings require abundant watering with subsequent mulching with organic substances such as sawdust or foliage.
Grapes "Taiga": features of the variety
Grapes called "Taiga" shows a surprisingly easy survival rate and is completely unpretentious in care. To obtain high and stable yields, it is enough to carry out the following standard measures:
- It is recommended that watering and fertilizing be carried out directly under the plants by making a special watering hole around the cornstamba of the grape bush;
- high-quality watering is always combined with top dressing of grape plants with organic and mineral fertilizers;
- the soil in the vineyards should always be cleaned of weeds;
- it is necessary to regularly remove as much as possible the young green shoots that are formed on perennial branches, and when forming bushes, only vines should be left to form a fruit link.
A special place in the cultivation of grapes is occupied by the sanitary pruning of bushes. Such an event is necessary for some grape diseases, as well as damage and freezing of the vine. Any sanitary pruning of plants is aimed at the competent and timely removal of all drying out, damaged, as well as diseased shoots and branches.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about the characteristics of grapes of the Kuban variety.
Reviews of winegrowers
Grapes "Taiga" has become widespread among amateur winegrowers due to their unpretentiousness and fairly high yields. Average yield from grape bushes older than five years, subject to standard care, reaches 100 kg. The berries are dark blue, have a marketable appearance, they are medium-sized, and the taste is very pleasant, nutmeg. This variety has sufficient resistance to major grape diseases.
According to gardeners who cultivate this variety for a long time in their personal plots, the bushes are strong-growing, quite powerful and relatively easy to withstand frosts down to -32 ° С. In the southern regions of our country, such a variety hibernates without shelter. Therefore, it is recommended to prune non-covering vineyards in the spring. In the first year after planting, it is necessary to grow two vines 1.5-2 m long and mature internodes on each grape plant by autumn.
For cultivation, standard trellises are used. The variety is superearly, the crop is formed within three months. The minimum amount of chemistry used for treating bushes allows you to get not only a very early, but also an environmentally friendly crop.