We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Each year, new and promising hybrid forms appear in the breeding direction, which are designed for cultivation in various climatic conditions. Cucumber "Petersburg Express f1" refers to ultra-early new varieties with a bundle type of ovaries.
Hybrid cucumber "Petersburg Express f1" from the originator "Biotechnika" is included in the State Register of our country as a vegetable crop for cultivation in garden plots, home gardens and small farms using film shelter.
The bee-pollinated, universal purpose hybrid form is characterized by high productivity, which reaches 12.5 kg per square meter, as well as increased resistance to damage by bacteriosis, powdery mildew and root rot. Fruiting occurs forty days after germination. Hybrid indeterminate, with high growth strength, weakly branched. There is an average leafy and predominantly female type of flowering. In nodes, 1-3 ovaries are formed.
The leaves are large enough, dark green in color, slightly wrinkled, right-banded on the edge. Zelentsy are cylindrical, with a blunt apex, green in color with incomplete stripes. The surface of the green leaf is slightly ribbed, medium tuberous, with black, relatively large spines. The average weight of green stuff is about 82 g, with a length of up to 12 cm and a diameter of 3 cm. The taste of the fruit is very good.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumbers "Petersburg Express f1" are characterized by the following advantages:
- early ripening;
- high yields;
- severe short fertility;
- smoothness of greens;
- good disease resistance.
Zelentsy have a high-quality look and can be used not only in fresh form, but also for canning. In addition, the hybrid is characterized by high cold resistance, and during short spring cooling there is no inhibition of plant growth and development.
Cucumber "Petersburg Express f1": features of the variety
Film Landing Technology
Hybrid "Petersburg Express" is recommended for cultivation under film shelters. Sowing for seedlings is carried out in the first half of April by sowing prepared seeds to a depth of 0.5-1 cm. The optimum air temperature for cucumbers during the day is from +20 to +24 ° C, and at night from +16 to +18 ° C, which easily reached under temporary film shelter.
For sowing, it is required to use full-weight seeds, which, to protect against diseases and accelerate germination, it is recommended to soak in an aqueous solution of aloe juice at a rate of 1: 1. Sowing is preferably carried out in the middle or end of May. The optimal result is achieved with a two-layer covering of crops with a plastic film and a covering material such as agrotex.
The best precursor crops for cucumbers are beets, onions, garden herbs and legumes, as well as potatoes and tomatoes. The soil for sowing should be loose, as airy as possible, having neutral acidity. The site for cucumber ridges should be well lit. Soaked seeds should be sown with a distance of 10 cm from each other and 4 cm deep. If seedlings are planted, the cotyledonous leaves must be located on the same level with the soil.
Hybrid cucumbers are very responsive to competent care. Obtaining not only a high yield, but also high-quality greenery allows accurate adherence to agricultural cultivation techniques. It is as follows:
- The root system of cucumbers is superficial, which requires a fertile and optimally loose upper layer on the ridges.
- The use of drip irrigation is optimal. It is advisable to water cucumbers at least three times a week, abundantly, using warm, settled water, in the evening. Cucumbers cultivated on sandy soil need to be watered more often, but in less quantity, and when grown on clay soil, watering is carried out less often, but in large volumes. If the flowering of cucumbers is delayed, then it is required to reduce the number and volume of irrigation.
- When the soil is dry and a sharp change in temperature is observed, the formation of bitterness in the pulp of cucumbers can be observed, it is good to maintain moisture and reduce the number of weeds allows high-quality mulch.
- After the formation of the third true leaf, you should add soil to the cotyledons, which will strengthen the root system of plants.
- When the fifth leaf appears, pinching of the cucumbers is required, which redistributes the nutrients and allows you to increase productivity and extend the fruiting period.
- When feeding cucumbers grown under film shelter, one should not get carried away by introducing a large amount of nitrogen-containing fertilizers. Proper preparation of ridges with the laying of the optimal amount of fertilizer significantly reduces the need for fertilizing.
- It is important to remember that the Petersburg Express bee pollinated cucumbers planted under a film need pollinators.
This hybrid form of cucumbers on trellises is best grown in one stalk. Harvest should be timely, collecting greenhouses every other day.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the characteristics and rules for growing cucumbers of the Dolomite f1 variety.
Reviews of summer residents
Hybrid cucumbers "Petersburg Express" from the company "Biotechnika" are quite popular among gardeners and are often grown in personal plots. Reviews of gardeners characterize this hybrid as sufficiently cold-resistant, which allows for early sowing of seeds in protected ground or under temporary film shelter, thereby bringing closer the harvest.
Cucumbers: variety selection
Germination of seed material is excellent. The plant is formed quite compact, and a small amount of lateral shoots appears. Yield, subject to all the rules of care, is excellent, cucumbers grow tasty, without bitterness, and what is especially important for conservation - green leaves are not hollow even in conditions of insufficient watering or bad weather conditions.