We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Parthenocarpic early gherkin hybrid cucumber under the exotic name "Pasamonte f1" from the originator Syngenta is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation and is recommended for cultivation in open ground in the Central Federal District.
The bushes are medium-sized, well leafy with light green and green leaves. The plant is medium-braided, at least two ovaries are formed in each node. The hybrid is parthenocarpic and early ripe, therefore, high productivity occurs 43-45 days after germination.
Harvested crops can be used both fresh and for canning. The hybrid form has sufficient disease resistance and is resistant to damage by cladosporiosis. It is characterized by relative resistance to damage by powdery mildew and the cucumber mosaic virus.
The length of greenery can be 6-9 cm, the surface is coarse-humped. Fruits are cylindrical in shape, weighing from 67 to 120 g. The pulp is very tender and tasty, without voids and bitterness. The total yield under agricultural practices and with favorable weather factors reaches 12-15 kg per square meter.
Advantages and disadvantages
An early ripe parthenocarpic gherkin hybrid from the Dutch selection with a bundle of ovaries has a sufficient number of advantages, thanks to which it enjoys increased attention among gardeners and small farmers:
- possesses complex resistance to the main diseases of a cucumber;
- the hybrid is self-pollinated and does not require insects;
- early ripening and very high yielding;
- genetically without bitterness, with high taste;
- the ratio of the length of the green to its width is 3: 1, high color intensity and excellent marketable appearance;
- cultivation for the purpose of obtaining gherkins;
- the possibility of universal use;
- Zelentsy suspend growth when optimal sizes are reached at the harvest maturity stage.
When cultivating the hybrid form "Pasamonte-f1", susceptibility to downy mildew must be taken into account.
Cucumber "Pasamonte f1": features of the variety
Plots that are well lit and warmed by the sun's rays, and also represented by fertile soil, are allocated for the cultivation of cucumbers. Further rules for planting hybrid cucumbers are as follows:
- under the winter, the soil must be dug up, with the simultaneous introduction of manure and basic mineral fertilizers;
- Before planting in open ground, the seed material is heated and must be treated with special compounds;
- sowing seeds of cucumbers immediately on the bed or planting pre-grown seedlings, but not earlier than heating the soil and air to optimal temperatures;
- the best time for planting cucumbers in the ground is the last days of May, when night temperatures no longer drop below 15-17 ° C;
- standard scheme for sowing and planting no more than 3-5 plants per square meter or 20x100 cm, sowing depth 1.5-2.0 cm;
- during planting, seedlings should have 3-4 real leaflets, that is, the age of cucumbers should be at least 2-3 weeks.
It is recommended that the first days provide crops or planted plants with protection against cooling, using a film cover and standard arcs. You can replace the film with a non-woven covering material that transmits light, air and water well, but effectively protects plants from low temperatures.
Hybrid early ripe cucumber "Pasamonte f1" is most often grown on ridges in the open ground, so care includes the following measures:
- Watering the plants. Before flowering, watering should be moderate, so it is enough to carry out irrigation measures once a week. During the active fruiting phase, warm watering is carried out daily or every other day, depending on temperature indicators and soil type.
- Top dressing. It should be carried out when flowering occurs, using 100% mineral fertilizers or fresh mullein. The variety is responsive to combining watering with feed three times a month based on a liter of manure or 10 g of urea per bucket of warm water.
- Weeding and cultivation. To improve the aeration performance of the soil, it is recommended that after weeding regularly, careful loosening of the soil or mulching of cucumber ridges is carried out.
When growing, you can use both the backstage and the trellis method. When cultivated with a trellis method, a denser planting is allowed, but without excessive thickening of the plants. Forming plants is recommended in one stalk.
It is very important to carry out timely harvesting of greens, since their overgrowing shortens the fruiting time and reduces the quality of the fruit.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the characteristics and rules for growing cucumbers of the Dolomite f1 variety.
Dutch hybrid cucumbers have long earned the trust of domestic gardeners. The variety is very drought tolerant, and reviews characterize it as resistant to pollen sterilization at high temperature values. The hybrid form for universal use has a thin peel, very small seeds and a pronounced cucumber taste. Productivity is very good, but, like for all hybrids, proper care is needed and constant watering is desirable.
How to plant cucumbers
A good germination is shown by the seed material from the agricultural company "Plasma seeds", which has already managed to establish itself perfectly in the Russian market among domestic gardeners and vegetable growers.